Vertaal

Wednesday 23 July 2014

no decision yet


So this is where I left off. I liked to try the opposite: Instead of working with cream strips on orange background I decided to tear up the orange fabric and work on a cream fabric. And I tried to curve the strips.
torn strips
Torn strips

valley full of ditches with torn strips
The result: more depth, but less interesting texture wise.






This is the back of the new one. I like all the stitch lines and rubbed some inktense blocks over them. Quite cool! But just for fun :)
So now I am left with 2 pieces, neither of them completely satisfactory. But I still gravitate towards my first piece, although the 2nd has more depth. I might just go for it, frame it and get it over and done with :)

In the meantime I have been mulling over the next verse: 1Ch 3:16
And the sons of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son.
I'll let you know my thoughts in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment