Vertaal

Saturday 27 July 2013

Unveiling 1 Samuel 3:16

Then Eli called Samuel, and said, Samuel, my son. And he answered, Here am I.

This is the distressed cheesecloth which I painted with acrylic inks

painted cheese cloth

This white cotton is painted with textile paints and is going to be the background. I want to place it underneath the painted cheese cloth so the colours will influence each other and will show through the holes. Hope it will work!
dark background painted with textile paints
 This is a close up from my drawing with stitching added
face drawing close up with stitching added

It's very visible how the 2 painted fabrics change colour, exactly as I hoped it would do!
detail with cheese cloth placed over painted background

Another detail where I added gold foil to represent the taking away of the Ark by the Philistines
detail with gold foil representing captivitiy of the Ark

And here the full piece. I tried to express how in midst of all the dreadful events, Samuel obeyed the Lord. And as His faithful servant he came when Eli called him, to tell him what the Lord had revealed to him.
1 Samuel 3:16



This was quite a journey. A lot of experimenting and trial and error. I thoroughly enjoyed the process. It was a real challenge to express all the destruction shown to Samuel: death of Eli, death of his sons, Ark into captivity, war and death. And to still make a beautiful piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment