Vertaal

Friday 14 June 2013

Progress again

After a wedding, engagement and a lot of dress making I started working on my project again. Yesterday I tried to redesign my blog a bit and I like the new, fresh look. I have done an 'in between - experimental little quilt' as well. Better post it for the record. Is has nothing to do with the project 3:16, but I might want to use the techniques.
collage use inks, tea bags, abaca paper
A little collage using acrylic inks, teabags, drawing on abaca paper, tea labels, pattern tissue. I have quilted an old tile motive over top. 


But back to Joshua 3:16: That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

I already had the design ready for months, but wasn't completely happy with my colour scheme. I have started afresh and decided to use what's in my stash. One of them was a nice aqua colour which I hand dyed and sprinkled with salt. So it came out with a nice 'water-look'.

I am up to putting all my layers together - batting and a backing. And then ready for quilting it. Haven't though about how to quilt it yet....Probably some diagonal lines on the footsteps and some stone/wall textured look for the looming walls of Jericho. Here's the piece so far:

Jericho made from dried teabags. Footsteps and people painted with inktense pencils
footsteps and people are drawn and painted with inktense pencils. The walls of Jericho made with dark brown fabric and glued dried teabags on top.Words are printed on fabric by using Transfer Artist Paper.
 I should have picked a slighter lighter brown for the wall, but I didn't know the teabags would completely blend in. Maybe I can correct it with a lighter quilting on top. On the other hand it might show how the Israelites felt in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment