Vertaal

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Why I always take a photo before printing......Unveiling of Numbers, but not quite.

Numbers 3:16 And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD, as he was commanded.

Unveiling of Numbers 3:16. But not quite... I am always scared to start the part where I have to do letter printing on fabric. And for a reason....This is where I was up to an hour before dinner. And then I was so keen to see the finished one that I started printing straight away with the intention to be finished before dinner.

And then this is what happens:(((


So I am back to the background. I already have taken off the counting embroidery part and have to redo the background which is quite a lot of work. I made stencils of  'people shapes' and used inktense paint blocks + pencils + oil paint sticks + gold paint to give them some colour. Then I rubbed some oil sticks over number stencils and stitched with a double thread all around the people.

It was a fun process and I am quite happy to redo it. At least I will change the letter format and positioning of the verse. The upside of making mistakes is maybe that it will only get better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment